I am currently teaching two undergraduate seminars, Practical Ethics and Logic and Decision Theory, at UNC, Chapel Hill. I have previously taught seminars on PPE, bioethics, social choice theory, epistemology, logic (both deductive and inductive), and decision theory at UNC, University of Konstanz, U.C. Irvine, and California State University, Long Beach. Online lecture videos for my undergraduate course on inductive reasoning, taught at UCI, are available here.
A statement of my teaching philosophy together with my student evaluations can be found here.
As instructor of record:
- Practical Ethics. Fall 2023, UNC.
- PPE Capstone (Great Ideas in PPE). Spring 2023, UNC.
- Bioethics. Fall 2022/Spring 2023, UNC
- Logic and Decision Theory. Fall 2022/3, UNC
- Collective Choice and Social Welfare. Summer 2022, Konstanz
- Formal Epistemology. Winter 2021/2, Konstanz
- Introduction to Inductive Logic (graduate). Summer 2021, Konstanz
- Introduction to Inductive Logic (undergraduate). Spring 2020, UCI
- Rationality and Decisions. Fall 2019, CSULB
- Introduction to Symbolic Logic. Summer 2019, UCI
As teaching assistant (UCI):
- Voting and Political Manipulation. Winter 2019
- Naturalized Epistemology. Fall 2018
- Probability and Statistics. Winter 2020/2018; Spring 2018/2017/2016
- Philosophy of Biology. Winter 2017/2015
- Behavioral Economics. Fall 2016
- Business Decisions. Fall 2015
- The Good Life: Happiness and Well-Being. Spring 2015
Sample Syllabi for Prospective Courses: